Please listen carefully for the direction of the storm by the National Weather Service.
For example: Information will be given in advance of approaching storms allowing proper evacuation of affected areas. Please listen carefully to all weather advisories.
- Mobile County: I-65 North, Highway 43 North, Highway 45 North.
- Dauphin Island and Alabama Port: take Highway 193 North to I-10 East to I-65 North.
- Bayou La Batre and Grand Bay: take Highway 188 or Mobile County Road 19 to I-10 East to I-65 North.
- Saraland, Satsuma, Creola and Mount Vernon: use Highway 43 North or I-65 North.
- Citronelle: use Highway 45 North or Highway 43 North.
- Mississippi or Florida residents evacuating into Alabama: use I-65 North, Highway 43 North or Highway 45 North.
- If necessary, the Governor can direct direct reverse-laning for I-65
- All southbound traffic will be halted, and all four lanes will be used for norther traffic.
- High winds and damaging rains are a danger to automobiles on raised highways and bridges. Drivers of RV's, busses and other high profile vehicles should use extreme caution.
- Road closures will be available on local media and on the www.dot.alabama.gov website. Please do not contact the Alabama State Troopers office unless you have an emergency or accident to report due to congestion on their phone systems as they need to keep access to all available telephone lines open.
If you need help immediately, please call 911.